Published Refereed Journal Articles:
(13) Li, L., Fan, M., Davila, N., Jesmok, G., Mitsunaga, B., Tripati, A., Orme, D.A., (2018), Carbonate stable and clumped isotopic evidence for late Eocene moderate elevation of the east-central Tibetan Plateau and its geodynamic implications, GSAB (accepted August 2018; in press).
(12) Orme, D.A. and Graham, S.A., (2018) A four-dimensional model of Cretaceous depositional geometry and sediment flux in the northern Great Valley forearc, California, Geological Society of America Special Paper, https://pubs.geoscienceworld.org/books/book/2118.
(11) Orme, D.A., (2017) Burial and exhumation history of the Xigaze Forearc, Yarlung Suture Zone, Tibet, Geoscience Frontiers, doi: 10.1016/j.gsf.2017.11.011.
(10) Brown, S.J., Thigpen, J.R., Spotila, J.A., Krugh, W.C., Tranel, L.M., Orme, D.A., (2017) Onset timing and slip history of the Teton fault, WyomingL A multidisciplinary re-evaluation, Tectonics, doi:10.1002/2016TC004462.
(9) Orme, D.A., Guenthner, W., Laskowski, A., Reiners, P.W., (2016) Long-term tectonothermal history of Laramide basement from zircon-He age-eU correlations, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 453, 119-130, doi:10.1016/j.epsl.2016.07.046.
(8) Orme, D.A. and Laskowski, A.K., (2016) Basin Analysis of the Albian-Santonian Xigaze forearc, south-central Tibet, Journal of Sedimentary Research, doi:10.2110/jsr.2016.59.
(7) Carrapa, B., Robert, X., DeCelles, P.G., Orme, D.A., Thomson, S., Schoenbohm, L., (2016) Asymmetrical exhumation of the Mount Everest region: implications for the tectono-topographic evolution of the Himalaya, Geology, 44, 611-614, doi:10.1130/Gc7756.1.
(6) Leary, R., Orme, D.A., Laskowski, A.K., DeCelles, P.G., Kapp, P., Carrapa, B., Dettinger, M., (2016) Along-strike diachroneity in the deposition of the Kailas Formation in central southern Tibet: Implications for Indian slab dynamics, Geosphere, 12(4), doi:10.1130/GES01325.1.
(5) Orme, D.A., Reiners, P.W., Hourigan, J.K., Carrapa, B., (2015) Effects of inherited cores and magmatic overgrowths on zircon (U-Th)/He ages from Greater Himalayan sequence rocks, Mt. Everest region, Tibet, Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, doi:10.1002/2015GC005818.
(4) Huang, W., van Hinsbergen, D.J.J., Maffione, M., Orme, D.A., Dupont-Nivet, G., Guilmette, C., Ding, L., Guo, Z., Kapp, P., (2015) The Lower Cretaceous Xigaze ophiolites formed in the Gangdese forearc: evidence from paleomagnetism, sediment provenance, and stratigraphy, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, doi:10.1016/j.epsl.2015.01.032.
(3) Orme, D.A., Carrapa, B., and Kapp, P.K.,(2014) Sedimentology, Provenance and Geochronology of the western Xigaze Forearc, Southern Tibet, Basin Research, doi:10.1111/bre.12080. This paper was made open access in 2017 as it is the most cited article in Basin Research over the past two years.
(2) Carrapa, B., Orme, D.A., Kapp, P., DeCelles, P.G., Cosca, M., Waldrip, R., (2014) Rapid Miocene Burial and Exhumation of the Indus-Yarlung Suture Zone in Tibet, Geology, doi:10.1130/G35350.1.
(1) Murray, K.E., Orme, D.A., Reiners, P.W.,(2014) Effects of U-Th-Rich Grain-Boundary Precipitates on Apatite Helium Dates, Chemical Geology:doi:10.1016/j.chemgeo.2014.09.023.
Orme, D.A., and Graham, S.A., A four-dimensional model of Cretaceous depositional geometry and sediment flux in the northern Great Valley forearc, California, Geological Society of America, Seattle, WA, October 2017. Talk.
Orme, D.A., Guenthner, W.R., Laskowski, A.K., Reiners, P.W., Zircon (U-Th)/He age-eU correlations reveal long-term thermal history of Laurentian basement, Structural Geology and Tectonics Forum 2016, Sonoma, CA, August 2016. Talk.
Orme, D.A., Using detrital geochronologic and thermochronologic “Double-Dating” to constrain depositional age, provenance and exhumation signals in ancient forearc basins”, American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting 2014, Abstract #EP12B-02. Talk.
Orme, D.A., Carrapa, B., DeCelles, P.G., Evolution of sedimentary basins along the Indus-Yarlung Suture Zone, southern Tibet: Implications for the timing of the iniial stages of the India-Asia Collision, Geological Society of America, Vancouver, B.C., October 2014. Invited Talk.
Orme, D.A., Carrapa, B., Laskowski, A.K., Early Cretaceous depositional environments, provenance, and subsidence history of the basal Xigaze Forearc Basin, southern Tibet, Geological Society of America, Vancouver, B.C., October 2014. Talk.
Orme, D.A., Carrapa, B., Reiners, P.W., Hourigan, P.K., Multi-thermochronologic dating of leucogranites from the south Tibetan detachment system at Rongbuk Valley, Mt. Everest, Tibet, GeoDaze 2014, University of Arizona, Best Tectonics/Geochemistry Talk, Tucson, AZ, April 2014, Talk.
Orme, D.A., Carrapa, B., DeCelles, P.G., Evolution of sedimentary basins along the Indus-Yarlung Suture Zone, southern Tibet: Insight from sedimentology and geo-thermochronology, GSA Penrose: Linkages and Feedbacks in Orogenic Processes—A conference honoring the career of Robert D. Hatcher Jr., Asheville, NC, April 2014, Talk.
Orme, D.A., Carrapa, B.A., Kapp, P.K., Gehrels, G., Reiners, P.W., Basin Evolution of the Cretaceous-Early Eocene Xigaze Forearc, southern Tibet, American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting 2013. Poster. Outstanding Student Paper Award.
Orme, D.A., Carrapa, B., Abbey, A., Kapp, P.K., Ding, L., Basin Evolution and Exhumation of the Xigaze Forearc, Southern Tibet: Insight from Sedimentology, Stratigraphy and Geo-Thermochronology, American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting 2012, Abstract #T51E-2641. Poster. Outstanding Student Paper Award.
Orme, D.A., and Carrapa, B., Basin Evolution and Exhumation of the Xigaze Forearc, southern Tibet: Insight from field stratigraphy and thermochronology. Geological Society of America Penrose Conference: Deformation, Fluid Flow, and Mass Transfer in the Forearc of Convergent Margins, Italy, March 2012. Poster
Orme, D.A. and Reiners, P.W., Effects of External Parent Nuclides on Apatite Helium Dates: Sources and Solutions. 12th International Conference on Thermochronology, Scotland, August 2010. Poster. Best Student Poster Presentation Award.